Thank you for your interest in working at Glencoe Public Library. Below you will find current available staff positions, requests for proposals (RFPs), and volunteer opportunities. Check back here for updates on the newest available openings.
Adult Services Librarian
This is a part-time (15 hours per week) non-exempt position with evening and weekend hours.
Need more variety in your workday? Looking for a great place to work? The Glencoe Public Library is seeking someone who can do it all – research, reader’s advisory, collection development, one-on-one help, tech troubleshooting, and more – as a member of our Adult Services team. Located north of Chicago on Lake Michigan, the Glencoe Public Library is a heavily used, well-loved library with a service population of 8,700. Recent MLS graduates are encouraged to apply.
- MLS degree from an ALA accredited library school
- Current knowledge of library philosophy, services and processes including but not limited to reference methodology, readers’ advisory, selection of materials and digital media
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Current technology skills, including but not limited to Internet research, ability to work with various file formats, familiarity and ability to troubleshoot in Windows, Apple and Android OS.
- Ability to stay organized and use time efficiently
- Commitment to provide excellent service to all library patrons
- Competent working with technology related to library resources including, software, mobile devices and computers, as well as various file formats and multiple operating systems
Responsibilities Include, but are not limited to:
- Provides professional and reader’s advisory and reference services utilizing all library resources
- Keeps informed and current in the use or all resources available to assist with reference and readers advisory services to adults and young adults
- Plans, presents and/or facilitates programs of interest to library patrons
- Operates and performs routine diagnostic/maintenance of library equipment
- Represents the library at pertinent professional, educational and community activities
- Performs duties necessary for day-to-day library operations
- Schedule includes a regular rotation of nights and weekends
- Performs other duties as assigned
To apply, please email resume with cover letter to lmcclain [at] glencoelibrary [dot] org. The closing date for applications is December 15, 2021.
We’re looking for one enthusiastic, detailed-oriented person to assist shelving library materials. Schedule averages 12 – 15 hours per week and offers some flexibility. Salary begins at $12.00/hr. Please send a cover letter/resume to Danny Burdett, Head of Circulation Services, Glencoe Public Library, 320 Park Ave., Glencoe, IL 60022. Letters of application accepted until position is filled.
There are no current RFPs/RFQs
There are no open positions at this time. Please check back later for future announcements.