If you’re looking to learn a new skill, brush up on an old one, or just absorb some in-depth information about a topic of interest, the resources on this page are a great place to get started. Some of the below resources can be accessed using your Glencoe Public Library card. Others are available on the web and do not require the use of a card.
- Learn how to use the library’s technology with an ever-expanding variety of simple videos covering mobile devices, online resources, and other tech topics.
- Detailed online tutorials on subjects including technology, business, photography, video, and more.
Millions of people around the world have enrolled in Massive, Open, Online Courses, or MOOCS. Some of the most popular include:
- Partners with top universities and organizations worldwide to offer free courses online.
- MIT OpenCourseWare (OCW) is a web-based publication of virtually all MIT course content. OCW is open and available to the world and is a permanent MIT activity.
- Provides free and open access to a selection of introductory courses taught by distinguished teachers and scholars at Yale University.
- Courses include free test prep, science, math and the arts and humanities. It partners with the likes of the Stanford School of Medicine, Dartmouth College, the Brookings Institute and the Aspen Institute. As Khan Academy proclaims: You only have to know one thing: You can learn anything.