The Friends of the Glencoe Public Library is a not-for-profit fundraising organization that works to enrich library resources and services. The Friends contribute to the purchase of equipment, furnishings, special books, and audio-visual materials. We have made a major commitment toward the library’s exterior renovation, including new front walks, ramps, stairs, lighting, handrails, heated sidewalks, and a restored entrance. The Friends also sponsored the construction of the Peggy Hamil Conference Room.
We also sponsor several important activities at the library, including:
- Used book sales. The next sale will be held Sept. 29 – Oct. 2, 2023.
- A continuing used book sale in the library lobby
- A Visiting Professor lecture series
- Summer and winter reading programs for all ages.
- Big Books classics discussion series.
- Book discussions featuring Judy Levin.
- Talking Pictures film discussions.
You can make a tax-deductible donation to the Friends by completing this pledge card and mailing it, along with your check, to the address on the card.
*If you donate $25 or more to the Friends and live in Glencoe, you will receive an invitation to the Friday Night Preview Sale that is held with each of our book sales. By coming on Friday night, you will get early access to our great collection of books, DVD’s, and CDs. The Friday Night Preview Sale is from 4:30 pm – 6:30 pm.
We welcome new volunteers.
If you have any further questions please call (847) 582-0973 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to hear from you!