The Friends of the Glencoe Public Library is a not-for-profit fundraising organization that works to enrich library resources and services. The Friends contribute to the purchase of equipment, furnishings, special books, and audio-visual materials. We have made a major commitment toward the library’s exterior renovation, including new front walks, ramps, stairs, lighting, handrails, heated sidewalks, and a restored entrance. The Friends alfso sponsored the construction of the Peggy Hamil Conference Room.
We sponsor several important activities at the library, including:
- Three used book sales each year. Due to the pandemic, the date of the next sale is unknown. Sales will resume as soon as safely possible.
- A continuing used book sale in the library lobby
- A Visiting Professor lecture series
- Classical music concerts at the library. Once the Stay at Home Order has been lifted we will determine when our next concert will take place.
- Summer and winter reading programs for all ages.
- BookNews, a staff-led review of new and upcoming books.
- Monday at the Movies programs.
- Movies screened on the Glencoe Green during the summer
You can make a tax-deductible donation to the Friends by completing this pledge card and mailing it, along with your check, to the address on the card.
*If you donate $20 or more to the Friends and live in Glencoe, you will receive an invitation to the Friday Night Preview Sale that is held with each of our book sales. By coming on Friday night, you will get early access to our great collection of books, DVD’s, and CDs. The Friday Night Preview Sale is from 5 pm – 8 pm.
If you have any further questions please call (847) 835-7467 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We would be happy to hear from you!
Now you can support the Friends of the Glencoe Public Library, even while shopping online!
When using Amazon Smile, a portion of your purchases will be donated to the Friends of the Library.
To participate: Visit Amazon’s Smile webpage, designate the Friends of the Glencoe Public Library as your donation recipient, and shop as you normally would.